dissabte, 12 de maig del 2012

my helmswoman experience

*The helmswoman/helmsman is who drive the boat.

I'm the helmswoman of seniors in my club since 3 months ago, last year I was the helsmwoman's cadet and now I have improved my level and I have could up to senior's team.

I do 3 regatas with seniors.The first one was fantastic, it was in Banyoles lake. There the water is quiet and there aren't waves. It is a favor point for the turns and I'm only have to fix to wind direction. Finally we were 2nd, it was a good resault. 
The second one was in Olimpic canal of Castelldefels. There was so current and it caused that the boat turn more quickly in one buoy and more slow in other. During the race it is so difficult to controled and I failed in one turn so that we lost for my guilt. I felt so bad, fortunately it was a friendly regata and it didn't influence to the catalonia's classification.
Finally the last regata arrived, it was in Banyoles, it was a very important competition because was Catalonia's competition and it was usefull to enter to Spain's competition. I rowed with my team against Sta. Cristina and Rem Badalona, unfortunatelly we were third because we had 3 rowers injured and it influencied to our position. Then I steering senior's team, I did a perfect turns and we won the regata. Thanks that in 27th of May we will go to Spain's competition in Torrevieja. I'm so nervous because there the helmsmen are professional and they turn the boat with 1 strocke and I can't low of 2 strocke, even that I will try to be the best.

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada